Darren was born and raised in Cheyenne, WY. He graduated from Willamette University in Salem, OR where he played soccer, majored in History, and earned a minor in Spanish while studying abroad in Granada, Spain. During his time in Granada, he became fluent in Spanish.
After graduation, he worked for a golf management company in Scottsdale, AZ where, among other things, he served as the primary corporate contact for the company’s roughly 1,500 Spanish-speaking employees.
It was always his dream to attend law school and he eventually enrolled at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. As a law student, Darren was Managing Editor of the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy, clerked for Hon. David S. Prince, participated in the Asylum Law Practicum, and interned at a prestigious Buenos Aires, Argentina based law firm. He also interned at a non-profit in El Paso, TX and received Honorable Mention for Best Claimant’s Memorandum from the Hong Kong Vis Moot Court competition. During law school, Darren obtained a M.A. degree in International Studies from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies.
He joined McFarland Law Group after passing the Colorado Bar Exam and became a Partner at MPS in January 2011.
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D.
- University of Denver Josef Korbel School of International Studies, M.A.
- Willamette University, B.A.
- State of Colorado
- U.S. District Court (D. Colo.)
BAR ASSOCIATIONS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Colorado Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- Colorado Springs World Affairs Council
- Darren enjoys traveling, skiing, golf, and spending time with his wife Pierre, cat Max, and family.
- He has visited 19 countries, skied in four states, and has managed his own Fantasy Football league for eight seasons, winning the league three times.